Well, February 19th, Molly became a Fleming, legally!! It was a whirlwind process which didn't leave a whole lot of room for tears, but believe me there were some!! That morning, en route to the courthouse, my mind wondered back to May 23rd 2007. I couldn't help, but cry when thinking how far we'd come. We had finally arrived to the point that we had longed for and tears just kept flowing. The day was WONDERFUL and MEMORABLE!!!!!
We arrived to the courthouse early (as you can imagine) ready to get the show on the road. We had lots of friends/family where were there to support us. It was wonderful!!! Many heartfelt thanks to those who shared our special day with us! We gathered in the Judge's chambers where our attorney asked us several questions. For one, if we were sure we wanted to do this? HUH??? Was he kidding!? He also confirmed that the legal document the judge was about to sign made us legally Molly's parents with the same rights as if she were born to us. He then asked me to recant how Molly came to us in the beginning. I stumbled my way thru the beginning, but decided to keep it short and sweet only telling of our first 48 hours with her in TC Thompson's and then bringing her home as our foster daughter on 5/25/07. Mark was asked to verify our employment and introduce our "peeps" that had come to witness the event! :)
Then with the swift hand of the judge's signature, he announced "it's done!" I remember thinking that's it? We're done? FINALLY?? And so we were, The Fleming Family. It was such a wonderful sigh of relief and thankfulness!! After signing the paperwork, we were off to our fun-filled, first day as the official Fleming family!!
We took Molly to the Aquarium. We knew she'd love it and we were right!! She LOVED the penguin (or as Molly says Ping-gan) exhibit!! I think that was her favorite! Next were all the fish (esp sharks), and then the turtles/frogs! Speaking of turtles, I have a wonderful picture of Molly as she is checking out some of the giant turtles "wrestling" as Mark puts in the background. I didn't realize what they were REALLY doing at the time I snapped the photo... then I hear Molly ask "WHAS AT?" (What's that for those of you who don't speak .. Molly) That's when I took a closer look and Mark explained the "wrestling" .....LOL
We were at the Aquarium for over two hours and had a blast!!! Then Molly napped and we went home to relax and ended up watching Madagascar!!! LOVE THAT MOVIE!! Can't wait to see part two!
Needless to say, we are SO thankful and blessed and I just can't say it enough. We finally have the child Mark and I have always longed for. Everyone has told us several times that they respect us for fostering and we are such a blessing to Molly. I really see her as the blessing. She has taught us so much about ourselves and the kind of people and role models we want to be for her. We are truly thankful for the answered prayers and God's many blessings that he has brought to our lives.
Many thanks to everyone for those prayers and supporting us in our journey. We love you.
Love,
The Fleming Family
Mark, Amy, & Molly
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I believe the judge was afraid to say anything other than "it's done" because of the amount of people he had standing in his chambers watching his every move.lol.
ReplyDeleteI speak for Brian and myself when I say that it has been awesome watching both you and Mark grow as parents. Molly is not only a blessing to you both, but to our family as well.
Congratulations on the new addition, we look forward to watching you and Mark experience the parenting world.
Now how about some pictures on this blog of yours! lol