Friday, February 13, 2009

Mark's Day to Remember.....

Mark has been employed with Krystal Corp since July 2005. In July 2007, he received his long awaited promotion to POS Administrator. He has worked very hard to tackle this challenging job ever since. Mark LOVES his job, but there is always that something extra when you get a well deserved "pat on the back" or as Krystal calls it ... the "Atta Boy!" He has had SEVERAL high profile projects since Oct/ November 2008 that he has eagerly tackled, wrestled, and at times vehemently cursed, but eventually successfully completed. WAY TO GO, HONEY! :)



Every so often (every quarter, I believe) Krystal Co offers a "Lunch w/ Fred" (this would be Fred Exum - Krystal's President and CEO -- oohhh ahhhhh -- yeah I know! Pretty cool I think!). Sometimes, "Fred" brings in a guest speaker and much to Mark's surprise this quarter the guest speaker would be none other than, HERSCHEL WALKER. Now I like football, but had it not been for Mark I wouldn't have known who that is. Herschel Walker played college football for the University of Georgia, but it was his time as a running back for the Dallas Cowboys that Mark recalls. He joined the Cowboys for two pro-bowl seasons in 1987-1988. Anyway to say the least, Mark was ecstatic! Who wouldn't be? It'd be like me getting to meet Def Leppard (oh yes, I was, am, and will always be a fan... LOL)

So Mark makes his way to the luncheon on Wednesday and it gets under way with the company wide recognition of the "Atta Boy" ceremony for those employees that have unfailing proved their worth. And, on this already special day, who is recognized as Krystal's employee of the quarter?? None other than yours truly, Mark Fleming. OH YEAH!! (long over due if you ask me, but of course, I am a little biased!)

Finally after the recognition, the lunch, and the speeches, it was the time Mark had been waiting for. With a football he'd purchased the night before, he took his place in line to meet and request Herschel Walker's autograph. AS IF the day couldn't get any better or end on a higher note, Mark approached Mr. Walker and greeted Mark by name. You see Mr. Walker had remember Mark's name from his recognition of the Atta Boy.... I am sorry, but that's FREAKIN AWESOME! :)

So as you can see this post is very appropriately titled, because Wednesday, February 11th was a day that Mark will always remember.

I love you, Mark! Glad it was a wonderful, unforgetable day for you. You deserved it!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Mark. Always knew you were special so I am glad someone else has discovered this too.
    When you reach the top, don't forget us peons down here.

    We love you and are proud of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only do I have to say how happy I am for Mark receiving this "atta boy" from Krystal, but can I just say that I am in awe of the way Amy spoke and wrote about her hubby!!
    So Mark, when you climb back off the pedastal your first wife has put you on, let me know, cause your second wife would like to give you a big ole hug and pat on the back for the outstanding job you have done not only at work, but as a husband and FATHER to both Amy and Molly.
    Anyone who knows you should feel be blessed to have you in their life. I know I feel that way. You have taught me so much already, and cannot wait to see what the future holds.
    Love ya dear friend and keep up the good work. Maybe one day you will own your own Krystal! lol

    ReplyDelete